Katharine & Cole

Katharine & Cole

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

facebook friends

I'm starting to wonder whats going on with my facebook friends. Now...I have a huge friends list....and its not just all random people (I will admit, there are probably about 5 or so). All of these friends are from either school where I grew up (large district with two high schools), or the boarding school I went to in Michigan (where you get to know everyone since you live together) Or people from the college I went to, or other colleges in the same city. From music festivals. From when I lived in North Carolina for 3 years. And a great group of women from a due in april 2010 mom group.

Now yea, some of these people were just added because we knew each others name and never really talked much. Or were just friendly in, lets say, a school setting but didnt hang out outside of that.

Now, I'm all for privacy controls when it comes to facebook. If you are reading this, you probably know this about me...since I am unsearchable, and even have a fake name. But recently I am starting to wonder something.

Why do you keep me as a friend, or add me as a friend, when in your privacy settings the visibility of the profile is the same as if we were NOT facebook friends.

This might sound like someones over the top over analyzing facebook rant, but I really am curious about it. There is no opportunity to be 'friendly' when you can't leave someone a comment. Why don't you just delete me?

Sorry, this post came about when I went to wish someone a happy birthday...and couldn't.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah its awkward when you can't do anything on someone's wall. Is yours set up that way too? LOL I'm confused. I've only commented on status lately so I haven't noticed if it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol mine is set up so that everyone can comment and see my wall...except for my grandmother...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have those kind of friends too...or where they add pictures but you cant view them because they have it to where they have to picture tab. =P I am your friend Katharine! Because your just awesomeness! Wish we lived closer. =)

    ReplyDelete