Katharine & Cole

Katharine & Cole

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Random 3:30am-ness

Strange night, I'm not exactly sure whats going on here...lol.

I went to a meeting around 630pm, a group for women who had suffered domestic violence. I thought it might be really lame, but it was actually pretty cool, and I ended up being the youngest one in a group of about 8 people. During my drive back home, at around 8 o'clock, I started realizing something. That I am pretty lucky that I don't have to talk to my ex every single day, and that's part of why I seem so strong now, and that if he were to pop back up I would probably loose my mind. So, this is something I need to work on, and that I plan on bringing up next week.
By the time I pulled in the driveway, I was dizzy I think from it all. That, and having had a bunch of caffeine and no dinner yet. Either way, I went to lay down almost immediately. Laid in bed de-stressing and watching shows on my computer until I feel asleep probably around 11pm.

At 3:30 in the morning, I woke up coughing, and it wasn't one of those coughs where you can just fall back asleep. Not 2 minutes later, I hear stuff going on upstairs. My mom has Zoe, by dog, by the front door (which is right above the stairs from the basement) and shes barking like she sees something or someone (dog not mom just to clarify...lol). She lets her outside and she continues barking at something then seems to stop. I don't know if she chased someone or something off or what was going on. The only info I got from my mom since she was half asleep was something about a light being on in the garage, and her falling asleep. I didn't understand why she was then letting all the dogs outside at 3:30 in the morning to go to the bathroom when I swear I heard her take them out right before I had fallen asleep. I guess its something I will have to ask her later on...lol.

So, its about 5:30 now. I took a neb treatment, grabbed one of my pain pills that I have not really been needing that had been prescribed to me in the past for cough reasons, then finally found some delsum and that stuff seems to be working, finally. Right as I was about to fall back asleep, of course, baby woke up. Not crying, not upset, not fussy, just relaxed and calm. 'Wise'. I laid down next to him for a second, and he put his hand in my hand, and then he patted me on the head. For about 5 minutes I swear he wasn't an 8 month old...lol. But now hes hugging his stuffed animal dog toy music box thing and is falling back to sleep. Seriously, this kid is amazing, and I love being a mom.

Well, that was a random blog post...lol.

1 comment:

  1. Awww.. sorry about the pain and everything. But the bit about him patting you is too cute!

    ReplyDelete