Katharine & Cole

Katharine & Cole

Saturday, May 22, 2010

busy day!

I decided to take Cole to the mall today...hehe. There were some things that I really needed. (nursing bras for one thing..hehe). Also, a lot of my clothes got left in North Carolina during that super speedy pick up and move that happened...which was ok because I had needed maternity clothes already at that point...but now...I only have some winter clothes...and in sizes too small for me because of this massive weight gain with this pregnancy...so I needed some stuff for me. But, buying myself stuff still made me feel guilty...so I bought Cole some clothes and some little toys...which maybe he will interact with more in a few weeks (either way, they are there for him to interact with as soon as he wants to...which I think is better then waiting until some date in a book that says its good for him then, instead of now). I ended up getting home at around 6pm, after leaving at 1pm. 6pm until 130am...has been busy the entire time. Its either washing dishes, cleaning bottles and pump parts, doing laundry, getting a shower in, pumping (which about 2 hours were spent doing in this time) and feeding Cole (another 2 hours)...that right now, at 2am, I have finally eaten dinner...and know that Cole is still due for another feeding in a bit, and I'm due to pump for another half an hour before I can go to sleep (and that is, only if Cole decides to go to sleep for the night around the same time or not).

He also really surprised me today! Sometimes he likes a binkie..and today towards the end of the mall trip when i got some chicken teriyaki to chow down real quick in the food court, he was playing with it. Sucking on it...pulling it out of his mouth completely...then putting it back in his mouth...taking it out again...over and over....which is different then his normal spit it out and wait for me to put it back in thing he does when he plays with it...lol. I was so proud of him! Of course, his cordination wasn't perfect...as sometimes he was using the back of his hands to put it back in...(lol)...but it was awesome to see him really know what he was doing...his thought process is becoming more obvious. (AND he started, what I think, are real smiles yesterday!)

Also, a couple of hours ago while I was feeding him...he REALLY grabbed my hand. It wasn't just the little hold onto a finger grab he has done...he was really grabbing at it.

Its around 2am now, and hes now been WIDE awake for the past 3 hours...I'm hoping that when he goes to sleep it will be like last night and have him sleep through the night again! Hes SUCH a good baby...I love my little man:)

No comments:

Post a Comment