Katharine & Cole

Katharine & Cole

Thursday, May 27, 2010

poor baby...

I think Cole picked up on some of the bad vibes that woke us up last night...poor baby!
Now, Cole cries of course, hes a baby, but I have always been able to soothe his cries very quickly. Hungry? That's an easy fix. Needs to burp? Another pretty quick fix for the most part. Gas? Sometimes a little longer of a fix...start off with changing positions...back massage...tummy massage..move his legs around...change some more positions...a lot of the time patting his back like you would to burp him makes him a lot calmer and it just happens naturally..lol. But, last night when we were woken up...he was a bit hungry. So, I fed him. His bottle next to me only had about 2 ounces left, and he finished it...and started to cry again. Easy enough I thought, I had another 4 ounces, already in a dr. brown's bottle in the fridge, ready to go. So, I carried him up the stairs with me, got the bottle...came back down...went to feed it to him...and he didn't want it. But, I swear his cry was his hungry cry...I was wrong. I tried everything I could think of. Even the other day, I came across something while messing around on the internet, 22 ways to soothe a crying baby. I read it...even though I didn't really have a crying baby. So..I think I tried every single one of those things last night though.
Change diaper? No help.
Change clothes? No help.
Distract baby? Helped...for about a second.
Change positions? Helped...for about a second.
Change tone of voice (was going between just soothing, or trying to distract with a really happy voice)...Helped for about 5 seconds.
Burping..he didn't have to burp...no help
Tried getting a gas bubble out? no gas...no help

Then, I set him down on the bed. And he stopped crying. I kinda stood there in shock a bit...thinking that the last two hours...maybe he would have just been ok if I set him down? About 30 seconds later though...he started crying again. He ate some more. Then, he was smiling and happy for about 15 minutes. Then...crying again. This kept up until about 6am...most of the time with me laying back in bed, and him on his tummy lying on me with me rubbing his back and talking to him.

When he was finally napping...I was afraid to move. But I was getting ssoooo tired. So, the next hour was trying to get him to sleep...and then move him without him waking up...and I had to try that a bunch of times. From about 7 til 10..i kept waking up every 30 to 45 minutes with him...he kept wanting to eat a little bit each time he woke up.

I'm so tired...I think I'm gonna try to sleep now...for as long as he lets me...poor baby:( I just wanted to make him happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment