Katharine & Cole

Katharine & Cole

Friday, June 25, 2010

still waiting...

...but bloody hell I'm going to give him this infants ibuprofen no matter what the doctor says!
All of a sudden, yesterday, Cole's butt looked kind of red. I thought, oh no, consequences of him getting a good nights sleep in...a lapse in a diaper change...he got a diaper rash. He has had some tiny little diaper rashes before and they never seemed to cause him any pain. But, his butt just looked red...not bumpy like the diaper rash. Honestly, didn't look that bad. So, as he normally does, the little nudist he is, he gets really happy when hes naked for 10 seconds. I got the wipe...and BAM...HUGE CRY. This red area really hurt him. So...i grabbed the diaper rash cream and put it on there....he was ok in about 3 minutes but wow. His next diaper change...the crying was more intense and lasted longer. It hurt him! Luckily, for the next 10 hours he only had wet diapers and not dirty ones...but i kept putting the cream on. He had a follow up appointment today....and I guess the thrush he had in his mouth...is now...on his butt. THAT is what is hurting him so bad. I gave him a diaper change around 230...and this scream...and this cry...and his face...omg...its the worst thing i have ever seen. It hurts him SO BAD. And I had to rub this creme on him, to help make it better...I'm sure that didn't help.
So, when I had picked up this medicine, I looked for an infants Tylenol in the off brand...didn't see one...only children's...but saw an infants ibuprofen. So, I grabbed it. He meets the weight requirements on the box, but not the age requirements. I called about an hour ago now to see if it was ok to give it to him because hes hurting...they were gonna check and get back to me. (I swear....I LOVE LOVE LOVE the doctor...the office not so much...)
I cannot listen to that scream and crying and see his face like that ever again. I just can't. Its too heartbreaking. This is about 100 times worse than the crying from the insane amount of gas he was having. I'm going to have to give him this stuff either way before I clean him up after a dirty diaper...because it just hurts him too bad...

2 comments:

  1. try using a soft towel, flannel wipe, or something else with plain old water--no solution or anything on it...the alcohol in wipes can really irritate an already hurting rear :)

    let me know if this helps at all...
    thursh? ugh, poor little man!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep i have little tiny washcloths that I have been using since yesterday...i can't believe it got on his butt...and he only had breast milk from one feeding with this 4th round of antibiotics in it. I guess it just set him overboard. It must be all through his system you know?
    My mom ended up picking up the last box of infant acetaminophen at the 2nd store she went to, because the office called back and said to use that one instead.

    ReplyDelete