Katharine & Cole

Katharine & Cole

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Stopping doesn't mean giving up

It means I am TRYING something new.

I am going to try the neocate with Cole. This decision doesn't have much to do with my convenience at all...it would actually be MORE convenient for me to continue giving him breast milk. But, the past 24 hours told me that even though we have this issues with dairy and soy and eggs, the other issues we have are things like me being on my 4th round of antibiotics in 2 months. I was going to hold off and not take them....until my blood pressure went through the roof. Cole needs a mother who is alive right now more than breast milk.
And, even though I am giving him this formula...it doesn't mean I am going to continue to do so. Unless there is a crazy turn around thing happening in a week from now when I am finished with these antibiotics, then I am going to go back to giving him breast milk again.

2 comments:

  1. I know that's a hard decision to make. But if formula for a week is what's best right now under these circumstances... then its the right one. Thankfully you exclusively pumping means its not gonna kill your supply either (the normal worry with that). I hope you get better quickly and that he does well while he's on the formula this week (and even better after of course lol).

    ReplyDelete
  2. and my doctor was so great about this today too. I love how shes so easy with things. Shes calming...hehe.
    Plan is to do formula this week, then add the breastmilk back in with it...see how it goes...keep switching around with my food and all that. Really he is probably just going to be having both for a while. (Unless its the next thing on my list of suspects...tomatoes!)

    ReplyDelete