Katharine & Cole

Katharine & Cole

Monday, July 19, 2010

Experiment day

Today was the day, after doing some research, and (let me add I am doing this completely on my own without a doctor's ok) I started with these lactase enzyme drops I got off of amazon. It was my thinking, that since I had issues with lactose as a baby, that it could be the issue. The nutritionist said she didn't think it would be the case....because its so unheard of. My thought on the matter is...is it really as unheard of as we think it is? Maybe its unheard of to have NO lactase enzyme while you are a baby...and be 100% lactose intolerent...but I don't know how its too much to think that he just doesn't have enough of them. Doing more reading...you can also see its pretty common for babies to not have enough of the enzyme if they had been sick or something too. Being allergic to foods as well, this could have irritated his system too. And...we already KNOW he is not like other babies. What other baby is allergic to Infant Neocate? (Thinking its such an allergy to soy...that he can't even tollerate soy that has no soy protein in it).

So...diaper time.

I had been waiting all day for a dirty diaper (haha...oh the things that change when you become a mom). And...no improvement at all...so far. So, at the moment it is looking like I was wrong here. (although...i think there has been less gas today). Mostly mucus still...tiny flecks on blood...both of these things that go away when I use the Neocate Junior.

So...we will see what happens here I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment