Katharine & Cole

Katharine & Cole

Friday, July 16, 2010

Its a good thing

A VERY good thing...that a) I didn't give up and start eating soy or dairy b) my crazy and risky and painful attempt (although successful) to cut back on my oversupply didn't render me milk-less and c) I didn't just scrap the whole breast milk thing even though it wasn't working anymore....because although he is still allergic to something (or just lactose intolerent) he needs to be able to eat something.

Last month, with in Infant Neocate, the pharmacy I took it to said insurance was not going to cover it, even though they had a prior authorization for it. I think it was just the pharmacy screwing up...so this time I had the Neocate Junior perscription sent to a different place. I called them to check the status, and they told me they were waiting on another prior authorization, with, I guess, wanting a more accurate number of how many ounces he would be eating. I called the GI office to help speed it along...and was kind of half hung up on. No assurances were made. I only have enough of this formula left for one more feeding...and thats only because I have been giving him half breast milk the last few days.

Only problems now, are I don't think that I am producing enough milk, daily, to feed him. If he was still having 4 ounces in a feeding I would be ok...but hes having 6.

I just really hope that everyone does what they are supposed to now...

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there. I know a lot of people dealing with the same problems (insurance issues and food allergies). Eventually something will be targeted. It just may take another month. I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw thank you! luckily it all went through with insurance this time:)

    ReplyDelete