Katharine & Cole

Katharine & Cole

Sunday, July 4, 2010

What a week...

This week has been crazy, with ups and downs.

Yesterday, Cole and I were in a car accident...in which my car was totaled. I am told, that I ran the stop sign (I was so shaken up I couldn't remember what happened) and hit a car in the intersection. The woman behind me kept saying she knew an accident was going to happen there...because you can't see the stop sign until its too late. We went back to check after we both got discharged from the hospital, and no...you cannot see the stop sign until you are right on top of it. Its crazy.

Cole's only 'injury' was the little mirror I had in the back so I could see him out of the rear view. If I use it again, I'm sticking duct tape on the back of it so it doesn't come off. He doesn't have a single scratch on him though!

I got cut up a bit, and bruised up kinda bad...mostly from the seat belt and the airbags.

It was crazy...because the day was spent doing Cole's 2 month check up, and getting his shots...and then me getting some lab work done at the hospital (and I crashed about 2 blocks away from the hospital).

The woman driving the other car was taken in an ambulance as well...but she was discharged before we even were...which is good! Her airbags didn't go off (probably would have been worse if they had).

Part of Cole's appointment yesterday, was taking another look at his rash on his butt. About a week ago, we were told it was thrush and he was given a medicated cream for it. Two days ago, it was almost completely gone. But then it came back even worse. I mean..that whole area has open skin and is raw...up under his scrotum and ON his scrotum. Poor baby! It hurts when he goes to the bathroom....and the smell of his urine and his dirty diapers is horrible since this switch to the neocate. He also, today, after a week on the stuff (and has been having diahrea which he never had before either), had his most mucousy stool yet.

So, I said thats it. Enough. NO MORE NEOCATE. He reacts worse to the hypoallergenic formula than he did the breast milk. My mom was thinking, maybe its corn! I think it might be. And the neocate has a lot of corn solids in it. But, I can't give him my breast milk yet either....I'm on steroids for this bronchitis/pneumonia stuff.

Its just crazy. I don't know what to feed my baby:(

Some of the ups, are that when he is not hurting...he is so happy! He is smiling like crazy! Talking up a storm! Like really, having full on conversations...multiple syllables. Its very cool. Now if we can just get all the other problems fixed..he will be a super happy baby:)

1 comment:

  1. Poor Cole! How long are you on the meds? Good luck w/ cutting corn.. I'm thinking that one will be difficult too. But worth it for a happy/healthy baby so good luck with it!

    And gotta love the coo's :-)

    ReplyDelete